Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I bypass the brake pad wear sensor on my audi?

I have replaced the front pads on my Audi 80 with non genuine pads, the brake warning light continues to flash as there isn't a wear bar/wire in the pads I fitted and so the system assumes that it is broken and the light on the dash flashes continuously. Is there a way to fool the system so that the warning light stops flashing?How do I bypass the brake pad wear sensor on my audi?I recommend that you NOT by-pass or otherwise defeat the sensors for a couple of reasons. Safety and legal liability. A real oily lawyer could make a case for "depraved indifference" should you be involved in a collision if it were known that you defeated the wear indicators.

Best to go to the dealer and order the sensors and insert them on the new pads. They aren't that much, and it won't take that long to install them.



Good LuckHow do I bypass the brake pad wear sensor on my audi?i own a repair shop,and there is no way to b pass it without pulling the fuse for it,,it does have a fuse that protects the system,and if you can find the fuse you can pull it out ant it will stop it,but it may be the same fuse as the anti lock brake fuse,,and if it don't pull it out,,you,ll have bad brakes if you do,,good luck,i hope this help,s.How do I bypass the brake pad wear sensor on my audi?I am somewhat surprised.



I have a 2000 BMW 323i and the brake pad wear sensors are simply fitted into slots on the replacement pads. If either of the original two sensors (1 front, 1 rear) are worn from the previous set of pads, then you replace the sensor with a new one.



The pad sensors are individual wire assemblies about 18" long, which plug into a cable running back to the main wiring harness.



Check with your Audi dealer - perhaps you can buy replacement brake sensors and fit them into your pads.



Good luck.How do I bypass the brake pad wear sensor on my audi?
I am confident that on the Audi, you can simply short the two wires on the sensor connector, that is the car-side of the connector that normally turns 90 degrees to lock onto the connector on sensor equipped pads. This should disable the light: of course there will be no early warning of brake wear. Loud metallic squeeling would be a last warning of imminent brake pad to brake disc contact. Some Ford vehicles actually use a resistance element that wears - they detect the change in resistance. On these cars, shorting the wires will not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment