Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is the part called on my 1999 Audi A4?

On the outside of the door. There is a thin strip painted the same color of the car about halfway down from the bottom of the window and the bottom of the car. I have searched online for "exterior door trim" and could not find the part. I need it because it started to peel up and eventually fell off while driving. Does anyone know where I could find this part online or what it is called? I'm asking to avoid paying a huge amount at an Audi Dealership. What is the part called on my 1999 Audi A4?it's called the "protection strip for door" in audi speak. There is a separate part number for each door front/rear but you didn't say which door you have the problem with. The base audi number is 8D0 853 953 (driver front) or 954 (pass front) or 963 (driver rear) or 964 pass rear. If you look in the trunk, under the spare wheel cover, you'll see a sheet with your paint code OR, they sell a primered set as well. The primered ones run around $20 a pop and around $40 for painted. (last I checked)



If you want after market, ecs tuning also sells them. Around the same price but I think they only sell the primered pieces. go to www.ecstuning.com



I really gotta get a life....



What is the part called on my 1999 Audi A4?Door moulding as called by Etka (Audi catalog)

No comments:

Post a Comment