Monday, February 20, 2012

Is the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?

I'm planning to buy an 1999 Audi A6 Quattro and I don't know to much about the maintenance on the car. I don't want to get a car thats going to cost me a lot of money. I need to know if they break down a lot?Is the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?I had one, I'll never buy another, German engineering :(



It's funny you should mention Audi, there's one up the street from us with no engine in it :(Is the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?
if your buying a audi I would think that parts would not be a problem but paying your monthly on it plus insurance will really hit you the hardestIs the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?If I were you I wouldn't buy an Audi. I owned one quite a few years ago and ended up with a major transmission problem,put it in the shop and was never able to get it out because it was so expensive!Maybe go to the Car and Driver website or a site that rates car performance. Be careful and Good Luck!
Dude SAVE YOUR SELF A LOT OF HEART ACHE THEY ARE A BIG PIECE OF S%$T. I was so annoyed with mine that I had it destroyed it would have been to embarrassing telling a prospective buyer that it was a good car after the experiences I had Just a few were

1. brake failure caused buy front rotors exploding at 80 km/h yes they both went at exactly the same time thank goodness for hand breaks.

2. Exhaust manifold cracked at studs

3. Continuous transmission faults even after it was replaced twice under warranty.

4. Drivers door jammed shut

5. Windscreen would just crack after being parked in the sun

6. water pump failed twice in the first year

I could go on but there are just to many faults to list and I only owned it for three years don't buy a second hand one you will only be buying someone Else's troubles that's why they are getting rid of it.Is the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?they are a little more than any other newer car for parts, and i would say the are very reliable, i have owned two in the past and i own an S4 now, all were over 100k no major problems.Is the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?
Honestly, I love my car (Audi A4 2000). It is beautiful. BUT... it seems like there is a problem alllllllllll the time. For example... the engine light is on right now. If you live in a big city where there are a lot of maintenance alternatives to a dealership... it's ok...

I needed to get the cabin air filter replaced... and it was $60. On an average Toyota or Honda or Ford... $20. Think about it before you buy. It is expensive to maintain... yes!
It's not a good car to buy.Is the Audi very high maintenance? Is is very expensive to buy parts?
yes and yes... my nephew had an Audi TT roadster and it was in the shop for one thing or another every other month. Parts and labor are expensive on those as with almost every German made car. You would think by now that parts would be easy to come by, but there are not.
Audis are normally very reliable i have owned 3 i have an a4 that's done 130,000 miles and apart from normal maintenance.No problems parts that required replacing were cam belt brake discs front .It still runs as good as the day i bought it.Parts are what you expect for a quality car they certainly are not Porsche prices.Regards Mick UK
Parts and maintenance costs are right up there with Porsches. Seriously, if you are not bringing home a good six figure income, go another direction. Our race team just sold our Quatro, and two sensors and three switches needed to be replaced, at a cost or $1200(for literally $10 worth of parts, but you can't get them anywhere else but Audi).
Yes high maintenance and expensive parts...sometimes frighteningly expensive parts....try $1,000 for a headlight assembly on some models.
I drive a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro and I haven't had any problems with it what so ever and the maintenance costs aren't bad if you have you'r connections, don't listen to the other stupid people who said negative things about Audi's their great cars
Audi's can be exspensive on parts but no more so than any other quality car. I have a 1996 A4 TDi which is brilliant, I have done over 18000 miles in less than 2 years, touring around the country and it has never let me down. As with any car check it out thouroughly before you buy, especially things like the turbo, four wheel drive system etc. If yo are not sure its well worth paying for a report from the AA, RAC or similar. Could save you a fortune in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment