Thursday, February 23, 2012

What do I look for when buying a used Audi?

Im looking into buying a used car down the street from me.



It's a used 1997 Audi A4 Quattro AWD



It has 123,000 miles on it, but it looks really good.



The gentlemen said that he had replaced the

-front control arm

-timing belt

- and wheel bearings



all around 90,000 miles.



I really don't know that much about that kind of stuff. I don't know what is commonly problematic with this type of car, so any insight would be helpful.What do I look for when buying a used Audi?make sure you can get the papers for the maitenence on it. check out some audi forums and read about common problems of them.. timing belts are a common issue, so is sludge( engine). i think that there are more things that need to be done at 100000 miles then the front control arm, timing belt and wheel bearings. i can think of water pump, coolant change off the top of my head. you could probally find some more on forums. make sure you can afford maitenence and repairs. german cars can get expensive, but they can last a long time if they are taken good care of. I have a 99 passat, which is very similar to the A4's.
  • nada guides
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment