Thursday, February 23, 2012

How much would these repairs cost for my Audi?

I have a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro and am taking it to a mechanic shop that specializes with Audi's. Here is the list:



Tie Rod's in the front are extremely loose



A ball joint needs to be replaced



Audi needs alignment



Transmission fluid needs to be replaced



Air conditioning isn't cold, needs coolant?How much would these repairs cost for my Audi?Why don't you have the repair shop give you an estimate? We do not know the labour rates, for this place. Also, the transmission fluid does not get changed, its semi-permanent. If it is not shifting properly, the tiptronic will need to be scanned using a VAG COM. If you need a R134A (refrigerant) charge for the A/C, that means there is a leak, and that will cost more money. At least you can save some cash, with the tie rods and the ball joint, since they are close to each other. Face the music, an Audi costs money to get repaired, so clear the credit card, and deposit some green in the checking account.How much would these repairs cost for my Audi?I own Audi A4. I had similar problems. I mostly do my own work.

===

%26gt;%26gt;Tie Rod's in the front are extremely loose



I just did this on my car (by myself) 2 saturdays ago. The tie rod in my A4 was surprisingly simple. But audi parts cost about $125 per side. I got mine after market for $25 per side. The labor should be less than 1 hour per side.

===

%26gt;%26gt; A ball joint needs to be replaced



Sorry no info here.

===

%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Audi needs alignment



That's about 1 hour labor (or $125 in NYC). I was quoted $125 by my dealer.

===

%26gt;%26gt; Transmission fluid needs to be replaced



Again that another 1 hour labor

===

%26gt;%26gt; Air conditioning isn't cold, needs coolant?



Another 1 hour labor.





Good Luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment