Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Giorodano's, Lou Manalti, or Gino's East?

Which one has the best CHICAGO style pizza?Giorodano's, Lou Manalti, or Gino's East?
I am partial to Lou Malnati's, however I'm going to have to say that Girodano's may be the best CHICAGO style pizza. Any of those three though are all good pizza :)
I grew up in Chicago and loved, loved, loved Gino's East... we really only ever went there. Giordano's was my favorite delivery pizza though. Now that I have been away and can't really get GREAT pizza in So. Cal. when I visit Chicago I go for pizza wherever I can. SO.... I now have to agree with Adoptive Father, Giordano's is the best of the 3 mentioned, but Connie's Pizza is by far the best! As for Gino's East, they just aren't as good as they used to be, but I do still love their crust.
Giordano's of course!
Lou's and Gino's uses a butter crust.



Personally, I like Giordano's because they *don't* use a butter crust. I like the contrast between the rich cheese and the bready crust (though it's not really bready like Pizza Hut's hand-tossed or "deep dish").



This is all a matter of opinion. If someone said, "Let's meet at Lou's [or Gino's]," I'd say "OK!"
I tried all three during the year we lived in Chicago- it's gotta be Lou Malnati's and then Giordianos...didn't really care for Gino's East or Due.
Lou Malnati's is the best of the 3 you listed.
We just had Gino's East delivered here at work and not bad. The Spinach is really pretty good. I would say my favorite is probably Giordano's, but Lou Malnati's is also very good. Maybe I am just not that picky.....pretty much most places in Chicago cannot mess up pizza. FYI, my favorite for thin - yes thin does exist in Chicago too..... is Home Run Inn!
My wife likes Malnati's, but I am partial to Pizzeria Due (which is not on your list).
out of the 3 i like giorodano's but lou's crust is awsome
It's NOT Gino's East
All good! For my money, Lou Malnati's butter crust pizza, topped with sausage and cheese, is the best I've ever eaten anywhere in this country - and that is a lot of places. Gotta go to their restaurant in Chicago just north of the loop, though.
Of the three you mentioned I say Giordano's. My personal favorite is Connie's Pizza, but you must go to the original place on Archer. The others are just not the same.
I like girodanos the best of the three you mentioned. I love their spicy marinara sauce and the fact that they have amazing stuffed spinich pizza. Their crust is like BUTTER... Lou Malnatis is ok, but the sauce is a little bland and too chunky and their crust is not up to par. Ginos is crappy.
OMG I love Giordano's. I haven't tried Lou Manalti's though. Gino's East wasn't horrible, but the sauce was too acidic for me, it gave me heartburn, and I never get heartburn from eating pizza.



Giordano's crust is sooo delicious, and the sauce has a really great flavor to it.



Moretti's has really good Chicago style pizza as well, and on Tuesdays if you dine in, pizza is half price:

http://s126613707.onlinehome.us/morettis鈥?/a>
Lou Malnati's HANDS DOWN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment