Wednesday, January 25, 2012

There was a Gino's East Chicago-style pizza place in L.A. back in the 1980s. What street was it on?

And what happened to it? When did it close?There was a Gino's East Chicago-style pizza place in L.A. back in the 1980s. What street was it on?
The Gino's East was in the Manhattan Beach mall in Manhattab Beach. Corner of Rosecrans Blvd. and Sepulveda Blvd. This is the only one I remember.



It was the noisiest retaurant I have ever been to. It always gave me a headache! I also remember that the walls were adorned with customer's writings in clolred marks-a-lot.



I seem to remeber that the Pizza was okay.



My favotire chain Pizza is Roundtable.There was a Gino's East Chicago-style pizza place in L.A. back in the 1980s. What street was it on?
dude ask some on in LA that is about fourty years old. or look up gino's east in chicago and they might have the answere if not tough luck.There was a Gino's East Chicago-style pizza place in L.A. back in the 1980s. What street was it on?
The only reason Gino's East is as good as it is is because of the fresh mozarella that they make and use there. Not to mention the fact that they use a ton of it on the pizza. If it hadn't had that on the pizza, it would have been pretty close to any other pizza I'd eaten before.



As far as one being in LA, no idea. Try looking in an old phone book? Don't they keep them at the library?
I was in LA in the 80's. I vaguely remember a place like that in the Marina? Two Guys from Italy, or something along those lines?



I have no idea when it closed. I left LaLa land many years ago, never to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment