Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who has the best Chicago Deep Dish pizza?

My fiance isn't from Chicago and I want to take her to have the best Chicago Deep Dish...one problem, i dont know who has it. I am not one for a sweet sauce on my pie, i like more of a tangy sauce i guess you could say. For some reason or another I've never made it down to Gino's East, or out to Lou Malnati's and I haven't gone to the Original Pizzeria Uno or Deux. I'm dying for some deep dish so I want to know what the Yahoo community thinks is Numero Uno.

My Favorite Pies:

Home Run Inn...the original

Arnie Salernos in Berwyn



Pies I dont like:

Aurelios

Rosati's

Pizza Hut or anything like itWho has the best Chicago Deep Dish pizza?
Avoid Uno's and Due's!! Unlike they were many years ago, when they were the best pizza in Chicago, their pizza absolutely sucks now! Now they're just living off of their reputation and dragging in unsuspecting tourists who wouldn't know a good Chicago deep-dish from a Tombstone.

Lou Malnati's is very good and certainly maintains the integrity of a Chicago pizza. I haven't been to Gino's in ages so I really can't comment on them. My choice for best deep dish is a little place called My Pi on Clark near Diversey. They're not famous, they're not a chain, just really good deep dish with all of the classic touches. Neither Lou's nor My Pi have those thick, sweet sauces you talk about (God, I hate Rosati's too!)

One more note: Giordano's is great pizza but it's stuffed pizza, not deep dish. There's a real difference between the two types. Since she's your fiance I suspect you'll be together for awhile, so I think you should try both a deep dish and a stuffed at some point, just to give her that full Chicago immersion.
Check out Second City Pizza Tours. You get to visit 5 of Chicago's great pizza venues and you get nearly a whole slice of pizza at each location....Gino's East, Giordano's, Uno's, Quartino, and Castel Gandolfo. www.secondcitypizzatours.com

Report Abuse

Who has the best Chicago Deep Dish pizza?
Two true Chicago staples, Uno and Due, serve classic deep-dish pies and are the local shrines that started the Chicago-style phenomenon. Expect a crowd at either of these sibling pizzerias, and be prepared to wait. As you do, dream of a bacon cheeseburger pie, a shroom version, or the signature pizza, loaded with sausage, pepperoni, romano and...
I really like a place called "Giodornos"

Don't count on my spelling.Who has the best Chicago Deep Dish pizza?
Giordanos Pizza!!!
Loumalnati's, no doubt about it!!!!!
Uno
chicago
Gino's East is awesome





So good

No comments:

Post a Comment