Sunday, January 29, 2012

In response to an article on MSN about the best pizza in the U.S.?

What and where do you believe is the best pizza, and why. I am from the midwest and I am sorry to say Uno's, and Gino's East is not the best pizza in Chicago!In response to an article on MSN about the best pizza in the U.S.?
You could not be more correct. Big chains do not know how to make great pizza, good maybe, but not great. I found the little places in Chicago make the best pizza, probably the same with NYC.



I now live in Baltimore and can't find good pizza to save my life! Their idea of good pizza here is Papa Johns or Pizza Hut :(
giordono's is amazing. yes it's a chain..........but it's still got some good quality pizza that you can't get anywhere else. in the city.....i would say pizza-ria's slices are the best!!!!In response to an article on MSN about the best pizza in the U.S.?
Actually, I always preferred Nancy's Pizza in Chicago (not the chain one in the suburbs) But I certainly wouldn't turn down Gino's East or Pizzeria Uno (the REAL one downtown, not the crappy chain one)



I can see how some people would like New York style, but to me, the soft crust/heavy on the grease combo never worked for me. If I'm gonna have that much grease on the pizza, I need the crust to be hard.



Charlotte is just as bad as Baltimore when it comes to pizza. Thank God you can order Lou Malnati's via FedEx. It's not my favorite Chicago Pizza, but I'll take it over any crap they insultingly call pizza in this town. If I'm truly desperate, a Home Run Inn Pizza can help. Anything to avoid Pizza Smut, I mean Hut, and Domino's.
Go to Little Italy, New York.In response to an article on MSN about the best pizza in the U.S.?
Out of the chains I prefer in this order: Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Uno's, then Giordano's.



I'd say my favorite pizza in the Universe is Aurelio's in Homewood, IL. There are locations all over the place, and it's a thin crust, but man their pizza kills. In Chicago I really like Pizano's (another Malnati family place) and Chicago Pizza %26amp; Oven Grinder Co.
In my opinion, the best pizza in Chicago is the Lou's Special, with butter crust, from Lou Malnati's!
I haven't read the article you are talking about, but in my opinion the chain pizza places are garbage. The best pizzas come from local shops.
my 2 favs in chicago are lou malnatis, and chicago pizza and oven grinder.
  • christian book
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment